members of this new daughter church voted to call themselves the Shalom Christian Reformed Church.
 
Shalom held its first service in the Alexandra Presbyterian Church on Colborne St. on November 5, 1978 (the same place First C.R. Church first worshipped in 1949). Shalom continued to worship there until the end of August 1979. The purpose of this temporary move was for each church to establish its own identity. Once separate identities were firmly established, Shalom moved back to 17 Patterson Ave. Shalom met at 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., while First met at 11 a.m. and 7:30 p.m.
 
During the first part of 1988, it was also decided that Shalom and First divide the assets and Shalom move permanently out of 17 Patterson Ave. On September 18, 1988 Shalom moved to Park Baptist Church at the corner of George and Darling Streets in downtown Brantford with the morning service still at 9 a.m. and evening service at 5 p.m. First Church moved their morning service to 10 a.m. and the evening service to 7 p.m.
 
Shalom rented Park Baptist until an offer was made to move into the Brantford Christian School's brand new addition which included a large gymnasium. On the first Sunday in June,
Download Our History in PDF format
1991, Shalom held its first worship service in the Brantford Christian School.
 
On November 30, 1992 Shalom took possession of 5 acres of land on Buchanan Crescent in the North end of Brantford. This was the result of almost 5 years of searching for a property.
 
In 1993, negotiations began into the possibility of First and Shalom reunifying. A Reunification Committee made up of representatives from both churches was initiated. This committee designed an extensive survey with the results strongly favouring reunification. On July 10, 1994, the inaugural service of the new reunified church was held at 17 Patterson Ave. On January 10, 1995, this new church was named HOPE CHRISTIAN REFORMED CHURCH and that's us today!
 
In April, 1998 we began the construction of a new church building at 64 Buchanan Crescent. On Sunday, December 6, 1998, we held our first service in the new building. Our Dedication Service occurred on Friday, December 18 followed by an Open House on Saturday, December 19, 1998.
 The Christian Reformed Church held its first service in Brantford on Sunday, July 24, 1949 in the Alexandra Presbyterian Church with 35 people in attendance. Two years later, on July 29, 1951 the church became incorporated and was called First Christian Reformed Church. In 1952, the church grew to 60 families and needed a larger building. Zion United Church was big enough and became the home of First C.R.C. Also during 1952, the congregation purchased land on Patterson Ave. Finally, on March 4, 1954, First Christian Reformed Church dedicated a new church at 17 Patterson Ave.
 
First Christian Reformed Church was greatly blessed by the Lord and grew steadily to the point where two morning services were required. These services were at 9 and 11 a.m. with one evening service at 7:30 p.m. In the fall of 1978,
Council decided to divide the congregation into two congregations to better minister to its members. In September of 1978, a second congregation was formed and the